Friday, October 22, 2010

She did it again!

She lost another few ounces. She's back down to 4 lbs 15 oz even. Pooh! And she had to go back on the cannula, although it's room air still. She apparently just needs a little flow to remind her to breathe. She also went back down on her feeds because she's dumping. Her stool output has gone up, which means she's not able to use everything they're putting in. I was bummed when I heard this, but the nurse practitioner assured me that just means they need to hook her back up sooner rather than later. I'm all for getting this surgery over with. She needs to have a barium swallow next week, and as soon as that's done they will call the surgeon. I'm thinking she'll have the surgery by the end of next week or the beginning of the week after. After that, if all goes well, she will need to be there another couple of weeks. Yahoo! What a Thanksgiving this is going to be!

Just a last little note - I started doing exercises with Hope today. The physical therapist showed me some things I need to do to stretch her out and help her body develop properly. Her favorite move was the bicycle. She kept grinning while we were doing that. Grandpa may just have another cyclist on his hands someday. :)

1 comment:

  1. I was thinking the same thing when reading the cycling part. It must run in your family. Glad everything is going better. Continuing to pray for all of you!!

    ReplyDelete