Thursday, October 14, 2010

Life is good

Nothing says "Life is good" like a drowsy baby with a grin on her face and milk running down her cheek. That's right, I got to nurse my baby for the first time today. Sometimes it takes preemies awhile to figure out nursing and it can keep them from going home from the hospital. So I was a little nervous. I shouldn't have worried - she does have our genes after all. She figured out pretty quick where the food is and how to get it. Thank you, Lord! We've struggled through so much that it is really nice to have something go smoothly.

As to other news... Hope is still fighting an infection that they cannot figure out. It isn't getting any worse, but it isn't getting better either. The nurse practicioner is consulting with other doctors and will let me know if they come up with anything. They also noticed a dark spot on her stoma today, so they called the surgeon to see what it was. He is supposed to come by tomorrow and check it out.

The nurse had not weighed her yet tonight when I called, but last night she was 2000 grams, or 4 lbs. 6 oz.

3 comments:

  1. She nursed!!! Wow! I am SO happy and impressed. You are supermom and she is superkid.

    Still praying anti-infection prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so very ecstatic for you!!!! Nursing is one of my favorite parts of having a baby. I'm praying that that infection will just go away, and that the dark spot is not anything to worry about. We love ya'll and are still praying strong for you. God bless ya'll
    Your sister in Christ
    Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to read she is nursing-my daughter's preemie never got the hang of it but she turned 8 this week so it worked out. You are still on our prayer list for church. Thinking of you and Mike and family...Pat and Les

    ReplyDelete