Wednesday, October 20, 2010
Hope is 4 lbs 15.4 oz for the second night in a row. Argh! The nurse said, "I even re-weighed her because I knew you'd be disappointed." That's okay, we'll get there tomorrow maybe. She is doing great otherwise. I nursed her twice today and she's doing great. She's eating out of a bottle for her other feeds. If all goes well, she might be getting her pic line out and ditching her gavage tube within the next couple of days. They still have not found any reason for her blood counts being off. The results of her blood cultures should be back tomorrow. If that still hasn't turned up anything, they're going to write it up as her body reacting to all the transfusions she's had. I'm not even going to try to explain that one, because I'm pretty shaky on it myself. But suffice it to say that it's something that will resolve on its own and not to worry. I asked if it would delay her surgery or going home and they said "no." I'll keep you posted.