Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Two steps forward, 1 step back

Hope had a rough night apparently. Her kidneys aren't functioning that well again. They're giving her another transfusion and they're holding off on feeding her again. That valve is potentially causing all kinds of problems. The doctor from yesterday had me convinced that the surgery is no big deal. The nurses all seem to agree with her. Now the doctor today has me freaked out about the surgery. The nerve running to her vocal chord could be severed - how lovely is that?! She also said it is associated with "significant morbidity". What does that mean?! Please, please pray that the valve will close and this will not be an issue any more. I have been told that she really is not going to round the corner and start improving until this valve closes. Please Lord!

There was no kangaroo care today because the doctor didn't think she was up to it, but I did help with care time. It is really hard to change someone that small who has so many cords all over the place. But at least I am slowly improving about going in the NICU and helping with my daughter.

I did have one nice surprise today. Mike had to come up to Spokane to pick up a part, so I was able to see him for a quick bite to eat. That was nice.

Just thought I'd leave you with a verse that caught my attention this morning.

"But Christ is faithful as a son over God's house. And we are his house, if we hold on to our courage and the hope of which we boast." Hebrews 3:6

It was a good reminder to "hold on to my courage".

1 comment:

  1. We're still praying for you and for Hope. Remember the good Lord has a plan and He will be faithful to fill it. God bless ya'll
    Autumn

    ReplyDelete