Friday, August 6, 2010

still needs prayer

I talked to Dr. Gretebek this morning. Hope is doing really well with the ventilator. They have it set really low and are going to try to move her back to the cpap this afternoon. Please pray that this goes well. Her bowels have more air in them again this morning, so we're not out of the woods yet. Please pray this resolves and they can start feeding her soon. Her platelet count is also low, so they don't know what that means. It could just be from one of the medicines they've had her on, so they've taken her off of that. It could also be from an infection. It could be that her bone marrow is not functioning well yet. She may need another transfusion this afternoon. Please pray that the doctors have wisdom and that Hope's little body just starts doing everything it needs to do. Thanks so much.

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I heard about little Hope through my daughter, Amadi, who knows Morna Gilbert, and also through our friend, Bill, who works with Mike. I have been putting Hope on my daily prayer list on Facebook. I also used to work for the NICU at Sacred Heart and Deaconess when I was their transcriptionist so I know Hope is in good hands. Please say hi to Dr. Barsotti from his former transcriptionist, Michaele Alegria! and please know that people all over are praying for your angel, including me. God is good...He hears and answers! He saved my firstborn from a tragic death before birth and so I know he has plans for your little one as well! God bless you and please let us know what we can do to help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! It is so touching when we hear of people praying for our little Hope. It works! And I will pass on your message to Dr. Barsotti. We have been dealing with him a lot and he's my favorite. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete