Monday, August 16, 2010

Big Yawn

I went to see the Hopester today. She is doing great. All the nurses keep remarking on how well she is doing now. She is off the ventilator and back on cpap already. She is off her blood pressure meds. And she is only getting the tiniest bit of pain meds at this point. The doctor had also said that they weren't going to feed her for several days when I talked to her this morning. But when I got in this afternoon, her nurse, Gloria, told me she was going to give her just a tiny bit. Her gut had started making a little noise, which is apparently a good sign that things are working again. So they are going to just give her 1 ml in 24 hours. Hopefully that goes well and they're able to give her more. This little girl is something else. When I first got there, Gloria was just putting on her cpap. It has these little prongs that go up her nose. Hope was not at all thrilled with the set up and was flailing all over. I had to put on gloves and hold her arms still so that Gloria could get it positioned right. So she's got a little spunk, this one does. I'm so glad. She is still weighing in at 2 lbs and she is now 14 and 3/4" long. She was 12 and 1/4" when she was born, so she's definitely growing. Woo hoo! God is good.

2 comments: