Monday, August 2, 2010

Thank you, Lord!

My mom and I just came from visiting Hope at the NICU. We asked the nurse how she'd been today and the nurse said she'd been a real pistol. Her numbers had been all over the place and she had been having a hard time keeping her blood pressure stable. So she'd called the doctor and he'd done an echocardiogram. The echocardiogram showed that her valve was closed! And then her blood pressure got better. Thank you, Lord! Now the nurse said that this valve can open and close and this doesn't necessarily mean that the valve is closed for good. But this is the first time that it has been closed on an echocardiogram and it is a good sign. According to the nurse, her bowels were also looking better. That isn't what the doctor said this morning, so I don't know if something changed later in the day. But we are certainly happy for the good report.

Other good news... I have been really worried about seeing Hope because the kids have been sick and I have had a sore throat. It has been about 2 weeks for the sore throat, so I finally went to an urgent care this morning. I was so scared to go in because I didn't want to hear that I've been sick and exposed the baby to something. The doctor said I was not sick or contagious at all. I had no fever, no strep, no swollen lymph nodes, and my throat didn't even look bad to him. He thinks it is either allergies (pollen counts have been high) or acid reflux. He said I was fine to visit the baby. Thanks again, Lord!

One last bit of news. We took some things in to put in/on Hope's box. One thing we put up was a picture Mary had drawn of me sitting in a chair reading Bible to Hope. The other thing we took in was a plaque I'd bought for Hope after hearing that one of the nurses had been calling my girl "Princess Hope". It says "With a tiara and the right cape I could rule the world." The next thing I want to take in is the verse Zeph. 3:17 written out.

"The Lord your God is with you,
he is mighty to save.
He will take great delight in you,
he will quiet you with his love,
he will rejoice over you with singing."

Thanks for continuing to pray. It works!

1 comment:

  1. Praise God for Zephaniah 3:17 that is a great verse Amen!

    Keep in The Fight!
    Love, Bro.Matt

    ReplyDelete