Thursday, November 4, 2010

What is wrong with you people?!

Hope is waking up now and she is not happy. I do believe this is the "I want food and pain meds!" face. The nurse practitioner, knowing that I had a sore throat and wasn't planning on coming in, called to see if I was feeling better yet so that I could come down and rock my baby. "She is really wanting to be held." It's a good thing Mike was up here and he was able to go down after work and hold her for about an hour.

I haven't been posting her weights because I didn't think they were very accurate at this point. She was 5 lbs 1 oz before surgery and 5 lbs 12 oz the day after. Can we say "fluid retention"? However, it's been a week now. She dropped down to 5 lbs 10 oz at one point but she is back up to 5 lbs 13 oz now. So I'm not sure she's going to go down very much. I just may have a 6 pounder on my hands before long. How huge is that?!

I am waiting to hear when they will re-introduce her feeds. She's had a couple of small poos, so things are starting to work. She is certainly willing to try eating again. Please pray that this goes well. We'll keep you posted.

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad to hear that Hope is gaining weight and that her system is starting to work again. I'm just sorry that I wasn't able to see her yesterday. I hope you are feeling better.
    Mary Jean

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am happy to hear that she is gaining weight. The thought of a 6 pound baby is a happy one...go Hope!

    ReplyDelete