Monday, November 22, 2010

It's been awhile since I blogged. It's not because nothing has happened, but rather too much has happened and it would take way too long to write it all down. So I'm going to try to sum it up. Basically, they still don't know what is going on with Hope. She is still having gut problems, though some things are improving. Her blood work is starting to improve. Her CRP (the number which measures inflammation and which should ideally be below 1.5) is dropping. Her platelets are going up. So she appears to be fighting whatever this is that's bothering her. I think the latest theory is that she has an allergy to my breast milk and is going to need a special formula. If I'm understanding correctly, they believe Hope's gut has been torn up because of her inability to handle my milk and then an infection has set in on top of that. The surgeon was there this morning and he thinks, because of her enlarged bowels as shown on the xray, that there is some thickening of the intestinal wall. The plan of action is for Hope to stay on antibiotics and off of feeds for 10 days (she's at day 4) and then introduce a special, predigested formula. I really, really hope this works. A pediatric GI doctor has been called in and he said there are still several things to look at yet. I'm too lazy to try and type about all of the possibilities, but suffice it to say there's still stuff to check. I'll keep you posted.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update. I'll keep praying for the doctors to figure out what the problem is.
    Mary Jean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for your precious little Hope.

    God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just want to wish the whole Isaac family a happy Thanksgiving. This year has been rough for you, but you also have so much to be thankful for. Our prayers continue for your little girl to get well and be home soon so your family can be together again. God bless you all. Betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this video!!! Love & Miss you all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ams and family,

    We are sure thinking of you and praying for all of you. Come-on Hope, show these Doctors what you've got!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete