Sunday, November 14, 2010

Abandoned

We have been assured by 2 doctors that Hope is going to need at least 1 more surgery. There is a section of colon, about 3 or 4 inches long, that is going to need to be removed. There is question as to whether this will be able to be hooked back up right away or if she will have to have the same deal as this last time, with the ostomy bag and a 2nd surgery to hook back up. We will speak to the surgeon tomorrow. We have asked to consult with the surgeon from the other hospital as well. In addition, Hope has another infection and is on antibiotics again. Her picc line is not ideally placed and could be the source of the infection, but the doctor did not want to replace it until she has been on antibiotics for at least a couple of days. They will not operate on a baby who is already fighting infection, though it could also be the bowels that are infected. Fun, huh? Hope had yet another blood transfusion today. I'm not sure how many this makes now...20, 30, 40? It's got to be getting up there. She's also gone back to high-flow cannula because her oxygen was getting up to 70% on the regular. The nurses keep telling us that Hope is "resting peacefully". I'm curious how many of them would want it described that way if they were in her spot. And just to head this off ahead of time, if a single person tells me that God's timing is perfect one more time, I promise that I will hunt them down and beat the snot out of them.

2 comments:

  1. No easy platitudes about God's timing. I just want you to know I'm praying for all of you, and have passed along your information and having a lot of people praying for you who don't know you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you gave Matt and me a laugh tonight. Although I'm not entirely sure you were joking... sort of think you aren't so I think I'd better keep my mouth shut since you know where I live. Love ya and still praying, whether you like it or not. ;)

    ReplyDelete