Thursday, September 2, 2010

Minus 20

Well, Hope was down 20 grams tonight, though the nurse said she still checks in at 2 lbs 9 oz. I guess we can't grow by leaps and bounds every day. But everything I hear from the nurses at this point is along the lines of "She's doing great!" and "She's so cute!" This nurse was just finishing up her care time and said that Hope had a cute little smile on her face. Wish I could have seen it. I'm sure this was just a twitch, but I had asked one of the nurses about milestones. I knew that walking and talking and such would be "delayed" if you counted from their birth date, but I had wondered about smiling. This nurse said that smiling was something that they saw earlier with these preemies. She didn't say exactly when, just that it wouldn't be so far behind as other things. Can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment